See My Voice
See My Voice is a young leader programme for 11 to 18 year olds. The See My Voice project will support Young Leaders to develop life skills that will inevitably increase their confidence and enhance their employment prospects as well as providing an opportunity to develop meet new friends and improve lives.
We aim to provide our Young Leaders with fun and meaningful volunteering experiences that will develop invaluable leadership skills and increase confidence enhancing their future prospects. Our project officer will work with 35 young leaders annually, providing mentoring as well as a leadership qualification.
Beyond this, our Young Leaders can expect to benefit from:
- Share your voice: become an ambassador and champion for young people with a visually impairment in sport. We want young leaders to rewrite the rules and see the game differently.
- Make new friends: meet other Young Leaders, share experiences and support one another.
- Skills: develop leadership skills, life skills and social skills.
- Boost employment prospects: develop professional tools and achieve certificates to enhance your CV.
- Confidence: gain confidence in your ability, your actions and yourself!
- Help the community: Access volunteering opportunities in an area of your choice, give back and become an active part of the community.
- Pass on your passion: through See My Voice, we hope out Young Leaders will encourage and engage others, motivating and inspiring more young people with a visual impairment into sport.
Year one of the project is already underway. Applications will reopen in September 2018 to take part in the second year of the project.
Should you have any questions, please contact Lijana Kaziow Young Leaders Officer on 01926 424 247 or email@example.com