See My Voice
See My Voice is a sports leadership programme for 11 to 18 year olds. The See My Voice project will support Young Leaders to develop life skills that will inevitably increase their confidence and enhance their employment prospects as well as providing an opportunity to develop meet new friends and improve lives.
We aim to provide our Young Leaders with fun and meaningful volunteering experiences that will develop invaluable leadership skills and increase confidence enhancing their future prospects. Our project officer will work with 35 young leaders annually, providing mentoring as well as a leadership qualification.
Beyond this, our Young Leaders can expect to benefit from:
- Sharing your voice: become an ambassador and champion for young people with a visual impairment in sport. We want young leaders to rewrite the rules and see the game differently.
- Making new friends: meet other Young Leaders, share experiences and support one another.
- Learning skills: develop leadership skills, life skills and social skills.
- Boosting employment prospects: develop professional tools and achieve certificates to enhance your CV.
- Gaining confidence: gain confidence in your ability, your actions and yourself!
- Helping the community: access volunteering opportunities in an area of your choice, give back and become an active part of the community.
- Passing on your passion: through See My Voice, we hope our Young Leaders will encourage and engage others, motivating and inspiring more young people with a visual impairment get into sport.
Although year one of the project is nearing a close, many will remain on-board to support the development on those on year two as they continue to maintain and embed a habit of volunteering for life.
Year two will be starting their journeys shortly! Including a revamped delivery schedule in the form of a sports camp to enable the young leaders to benefit from all thee above.
If you are interested in taking part in the programme via the free Easter Sports Camp, simply let us know. But please note that we are targeting 15 and 16 year-olds for the remainder of the places.
Should you have any questions, please contact Lijana Kaziow, Young Leaders Officer on 01926 424 247 or firstname.lastname@example.org