See My Voice
See My Voice is a sports leadership programme for 10 to 20 year olds. The See My Voice project supports Young Leaders to develop life skills that will inevitably increase their confidence and enhance their employment prospects as well as providing an opportunity to develop meet new friends and improve lives.
We aim to provide our Young Leaders with fun and meaningful volunteering experiences that will develop invaluable leadership skills and increase confidence enhancing their future prospects. Our Young Leaders Officer works with at least 35 young leaders annually, providing mentoring as well as a leadership qualification.
Beyond this, our Young Leaders can expect to benefit from:
- Sharing your voice: become an ambassador and champion for young people with a visual impairment in sport. We want young leaders to rewrite the rules and see the game differently.
- Making new friends: meet other Young Leaders, share experiences and support one another.
- Learning skills: develop leadership skills, life skills and social skills.
- Boosting employment prospects: develop professional tools and achieve certificates to enhance your CV.
- Gaining confidence: in your ability, your actions and yourself!
- Helping the community: access volunteering opportunities in an area of your choice, give back and become an active part of the community.
- Passing on your passion: through See My Voice, we hope our Young Leaders will encourage and engage others, motivating and inspiring more young people with a visual impairment to get into sport.
Although for some young leaders their time on the project has come to a close, many will remain on-board to support the development on those in subsequent cohorts as they continue to maintain and embed a habit of volunteering for life.
Other cohorts will be starting their journeys with us via our revamped delivery schedule in the form of a National Young Leader Camp to enable the young leaders to benefit from all the above.
Should you have any questions, please contact Lijana Kaziow, Young Leaders Officer on 01926 424 247 or firstname.lastname@example.org