Coaching People with a Visual Impairment
British Blind Sport and UK Coaching have created a new eLearning course 'Coaching People with a Visual Impairment'.
This new course raises awareness of the crucial role coaches’ play in helping people with visual impairments (VI) overcome barriers to participation in sport and physical activity, complementing UK Coaching’s ‘Person-centred’ principle of great coaching.
Complete this course and you will feel more confident including people with a visual impairment in your sports and activity sessions.
Packed full of helpful tips, practical solutions and vibrant videos*, the 6 modules will increase your knowledge, assurance and skills to be able to coach people with a visual impairment.
- Gain a greater understanding of sight loss and eye conditions
- Explore practical solutions to barriers to participation and help meet individual needs
- Explore some of the safety considerations to ensure a fully accessible and inclusive environment for people with a visual impairment
- Learn how to make adaptations to specific elements of session planning and delivery using the STEP model
- Understand how to communicate effectively and guide individual
- Plus, you will be able to print out the UK Coaching and British Blind Sport certificate confirming you have completed the course
£8.99 for non BBS member and £5.99 for members after discount.
Please note: Members of British Blind Sport can enjoy a 33% discount on this course. To get your discount code, contact British Blind Sport on 01926 424 247 or email email@example.com
Ready to give it a try? Why not take a FREE Demo.
This course has been designed with accessibility in mind and has been rigorously tested. We aim to make the experience as accessible and easy to use as possible. This course works on desktop, tablets and mobile phones. For the best experience, we recommend you complete it on a desktop using Google Chrome.
If you have a visual impairment, we have designed the course to work with screen readers:
- HTML5: JAWS 16 or later with Internet Explorer 10 or later, Google Chrome (latest version), Firefox (latest version)
- Flash: JAWS 16 or later with Internet Explorer 11
* All videos come with downloadable manuscripts to illustrate the video in further detail along with audio descriptions where possible.