British Blind Sport are seeking a Treasurer to join our Board of Trustees, for our Leamington Spa, Warwickshire based charity.
Your Key responsibilities will include:
- Oversee the financial affairs of the organisation and ensure they are legal, constitutional and within accepted accounting practice.
- Ensure proper records are kept and that effective financial procedures are in place.
- Monitor and report on the financial health of the organisation.
- Oversee the production of necessary financial reports/returns, accounts and audits.
- Liaise with relevant staff, committee members and/or volunteers to ensure the financial viability of the organisation.
- Make fellow committee members aware of their financial obligations and take a lead in interpreting financial data to them.
- Regularly report the financial position at committee meetings (balance sheet, cash flow, fundraising performance etc).
- Oversee the production of an annual budget and propose its adoption at the last meeting of the previous financial year.
- Ensure proper records are kept and that effective financial procedures and controls are in place, ie:
- Cheque signatories
- Purchasing limits
- Purchasing systems
- Petty cash/ float
- Salary payments
- PAYE and NI payments
- Others as appropriate
- Appraising the financial viability of plans, proposals and feasibility studies.
- Lead on appointing and liaising with auditors/an independent examiner.
- Knowledge and experience of current and fundraising finance practice relevant to voluntary and community organisations.
- Knowledge of bookkeeping and financial management (as necessary).
- Good financial analysis skills.
- Ability to communicate clearly.
British Blind Sport is the national disability sport charitable organisation that represents blind and partially sighted people in sport and physical activity across the UK. Our work includes delivering sporting events, providing education programmes and working with national governing bodies of sport to encourage inclusivity for all.
As an employer, we actively seek to ensure that our workforce reflects the communities we serve, recognising that this makes us better able to understand their needs and priorities.
We can only do this by ensuring that the people who work with us are the best they can be irrespective of age, gender, sexuality, ethnicity, disability, marital status, religion or belief.
What matters to us is that we have talented, enthusiastic and experienced professionals working with us who can help deliver our vision. You don’t have to be sporty to work with British Blind Sport.
We value the ideas and contributions from everybody and welcome and support difference. Our aim is to make sure that equality, diversity and inclusion run through everything we do as an organisation.
Please send your CV including references with a covering letter explaining why you are perfect for the role to:- Alaina MacGregor, Chief Executive Officer, British Blind Sport, Pure Offices, Plato Close, Tachbrook Business Park, Leamington Spa CV34 6WE or via email email@example.com
Applicants must have the right to work in the United Kingdom and be able to attend interviews at our office.
Closing date: 1 pm 27th July 2018
Job Type: Voluntary
Benefits: – Reasonable travel expenses will be paid for any BBS related meetings