‘Sensory Alliance’ Leisure Centre Usage Consultation– Have your say!
- Have you had experience in accessing and using a local leisure centre? If you haven’t used a leisure centre before, are you happy to share your opinions about why not?
- Do you have a single sensory (deaf, hearing impaired, blind or visually impaired) or multi-sensory impairment and/or complex disability?
If you’ve answered yes to the above, we want to hear from you and invite you to join us at our focus groups so we can learn more about your experiences.
‘Sensory Alliance’ Leisure Centre Usage Consultation - Focus Group Invitation
British Blind Sport, Sense and UK Deaf Sport are working in partnership with Paul Rhodes Consulting to conduct a series of focus groups, aiming to better understand people with sensory impairments and /or complex disabilities’ experiences and attitudes towards leisure centre facilities’ access and services.
We want to bring together people from a range of backgrounds to share opinions and information that will help aid our discussions with leisure operators, which may lead to the development of training materials and guidance. Ultimately, we want to support leisure centres to be a positive, welcoming environment for people with a sensory impairment and/or complex disabilities.
We will be conducting 4 focus groups on the following dates and locations.
- Thursday 23rd May 10.30am – Peterborough (Peterborough United Football Club, PE2 8AN)
- Thursday 2nd May 10.30am – Birmingham (Touchbase Pears, B29 6NA)
- Thursday 2nd May 3pm – London (TPT Hub, WC1H 9LG)
Family, friends and sighted guides are invited to share their opinions on the above on:
- Thursday 2nd May 11.30am – Birmingham (Touchbase Pears, B29 6NA)
Focus groups will last approximately 1 hour. A meet and greet service from local public transport stations as well as BSL interpreters can be provided. All attendees will receive a £20 Love2Shop voucher (https://www.love2shop.co.uk/) to thank them for their time and contributions.
To register to attend, or if you have any questions about the consultation, please contact British Blind Sport on 01926 424247 or email@example.com.
To learn more about British Blind Sport, visit our website www.britishblindsport.org.uk or follow us on Twitter and Facebook.