Blind Football Course
SUFFOLK FA are running their first Blind football coaching course in partnership with the iCAN project of Suffolk Sport.
Spaces are limited, a total of 24 coaches will have the chance to undertake the Blind Level 1 qualification.
When: February 11th 2017 from 9am to 4pm
Venue: Goals Soccer Centre, Ipswich
Click on the link to go to the booking page for Suffolk FA to book your place on the course. http://eventspace.thefa.com/suffolkfa/participant/arrangement.aspx?id=179867
The FA Coaching Blind Footballers (CBF) Course is designed to provide football coaches with an introduction to working effectively and confidently with blind footballers.
Course Aims & Objectives
The course will provide an introduction to the organisation and delivery of safe and appropriate coaching sessions for blind players.
- Gain a greater understanding of the game in the context of the FA’s LTPD model
- Apply and extend existing coaching skills and experience to meet the needs of blind footballers
- Establish effective communication skills when coaching blind footballers
- Identify appropriate and safe methods of supporting and working with blind footballers
- Recognise the need to deliver relevant coaching sessions to effectively meet the developmental needs of the blind footballer
- Gain an understanding of the different components of the game
- Understand the characteristics blind footballers require to perform at a performance level of the game
- Recognise the Player Pathway and competition structure available for blind footballers
- Level 1 Certificate in Coaching Football
- Course Duration
- Suggested Format
- Successful Completion
A non examinable assessment is via successful completion of full attendance on course.
Practical delivery of a 15 minute practical coaching activity based on a specific skill and age group, which demonstrates safe practice, organisation, enjoyment and progression to meet the needs of the players
Please note to access this online application, you will need a FAN (FA Number).
If have ever been involved in football or have taken an FA Qualification, it is highly likely you already have a FAN. If you do not know your FAN or password, or need to create a FAN, please use our FAN FINDER tool by clicking to register/retrieve your details.
Please be aware that if you already have a FAN, and create another FAN, this could cause delays in being confirmed on the course and any qualifications being awarded.
If you have any further questions, please contact: Taiwo Ajayi, Inclusion Sports Development Officer Suffolk Sport.
Telephone: 01394 444737